Friday, April 6, 2012

Technology that interests me the most lately... Library on smartphone!!



Source: http://library.rit.edu/news-events/library-news.html
About three month ago, I got my first smartphone... Actually, the phone GOT me. Before I used my smartphone, I was never interested in it. My husband just wanted to get it as our new camera, and that's it. But on the first day of use, I spent almost three hours; took some pictures, posted them on Facebook, received a comment, wrote a comment, and kept commenting. It was really fun as if I had talked with my friends in a physical world. Now my smartphone is always with me even though I'm sitting in front of my desktop.

One more, I found that a smartphone is very useful to renew library items. I can log on the library Web site, view my lists, and renew some or all. I don't think they have developed a mobile app, but anyway, I can be connected with the library via my smartphone.

So I decided to blog about 'library on smartphone', which was my topic of the PowerPoint presentation assignment. I found interesting articles and resources, and will post them here. This is my blog assignment as a graduate student in LIS program. It will be fun to read all my old postings after becoming a 'real' librarian. I hope I be the librarian who is NOT falling behind in new technologies!!

Further reading:

No comments:

Post a Comment